July 4th Celebration Guide | News
The Fourth of July is just around the corner. If you haven't made your plans for Independence Day yet, don't worry. We've got you covered. Here is your guide for events that will be happening in the area.
- Arden/Cal Expo: Events at Cal Expo begin at 6 p.m. with live performers. News10 Meteorologist Monica Woods will emcee the event with 98 Rock's afternoon drive guys "Dog and Joe". Fireworks begin at 9 :30 p.m. Admission is free and parking at the fairgrounds is $10.
- Auburn: The Gold Country Fairgrounds' "Celebrate America" event begins at 4 p.m. The fireworks show begins at 9:40 p.m. Admission and Parking is free. American Idol finalist Danny Gokey will be this year's special guest.
- Carmichael: Pancakes, parade and fireworks. The Kiwanis Club of Carmichael will be holding a pancake breakfast from 7 to 11 a.m. Then the 54th Annual Carmichael Elk's Club Parade begins at 10:30 a.m. beginning at Marconi and Fair Oaks Boulevard. The Annual Fireworks show begins at 9:30 p.m. at La Sierra Community Center.
- Davis: The City of Davis has a day of events scheduled beginning at 9 a.m. Some of the events include a softball tournament, concerts and a skydance skydiving show. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m. at Community Park.
- El Dorado: Live music, kids' activities, food vendors and more start the day off at the El Dorado Fairgrounds. Tickets are $3 per person ages 7 and older and free for children 6 and under. Parking is $5 or $15 for carload, which includes parking and admission for up to six people. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
- El Dorado Hills: Celebrate one day early (July 3) at the 3rd Annual Fireworks Jubilee at the El Dorado Hills Town Center. There will be kids' activities, live music, a chili cook-off, food vendors and more. The event begins at 6 p.m. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Elk Grove: The City of Elk Grove will be presenting "Salute to the Red, White and Blue" at Elk Grove Regional Park. Gates open at 7 a.m. Parking is $10. Bring blankets, a picnic or barbecue, and enjoy concerts throughout the day. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Grass Valley: Spend the day at the Nevada County Fairgrounds beginning at 3 p.m. Entertainment begins at 4 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults and children 12 and under are free. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Modesto: The Modesto Kiwanis Club will be presenting the 138th annual Fourth of July Celebration parade. The parade begins at 9:30 a.m. at the corner of 10th and F streets. This year's theme is America the Beautiful.
- Rancho Cordova: Celebrate for two days (July 3 & 4) at Hagan Park with a carnival, food, Kid's Zone and more. There will also be a parade on July 4 at 10 a.m. beginning at Coloma Road and Cordova Lane. Fireworks begin at 9:45. Admission is $2 and parking is $10.
- Roseville: The City of Roseville presents Independence Day in Downtown Roseville. There will be a parade at 10 a.m. beginning at Riverside, Vernon and Douglas. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m. at Placer County Fairgrounds.
- Turlock: The Stanislaus County Fairgrounds will be holding the 4th of July Fireworks themed Stars & Stripes 4th of July Red White & BOOM. Gates open at 6 p.m. Visitors are encouraged to bring blankets, lawn chairs, picnics and water or soda. Fireworks begin at 9:30p.m. Admission and parking is free.
- West Sacramento: There will be a fireworks show at Raley Field after the Rivercats Game ends.
- Woodland: The City of Woodland will be presenting a fireworks show at Pioneer High School. Pre-show activities begin at 6 p.m. Fireworks will begin around 9:15 p.m.
- Vacaville: Vacaville Downtown will be presenting 4th of July Concert and Fireworks in Downtown Vacaville. Park gates open at 5 p.m. and music starts at 6:30 p.m. There will also be food and craft vendors. The event runs from 6:30 to 9:30.